Thursday, March 24, 2011

Review Of On The Fence By Keri Ford


On The Fence By Keri Ford
  • Pub. Date: February 2011
  • Publisher: Turquoise Morning Press
  • Sold By: Barnes & Noble
  • Format: NOOKbook (eBook)
  • Sales Rank: 69,036

Blurb:

Welcome to Apple Trail, Arkansas!

If Shellie Chambers has to hear one more condescending comment from her mother about life or men, she might scream. So, she packs up and takes a trip to see her long-missed high school friend, Riley. He'll know exactly what she needs to loosen up. But instead of the girl-chasing jock she remembers from their youth, Riley’s gone country, keeping up a farm of his own.

Riley Hamilton has settled down on a farm his uncle left to him. Not the life he ever envisioned, but after getting a girl pregnant in college and then watching helplessly as the baby was aborted, he learned the hard way it was time to settle down. Shellie’s reentry into his life reminds of his wild past and it’s a fight to ignore the tempting woman she has become.

I loved this story. This is another story I read blind, meaning I didn't read the blurb first. I am so glad I didn't because when I found out about the reasons behind his transformation from skirt chaser to farmer I was like OMG. Riley is the kind of best friend ever girl should have. He gets you to live slightly on the edge without pushing you over it and causing you to loss yourself. Shellie is that girl some of you may know as, the one who has the rich mother that nothing her daughter does is ever good enough so therefore she has to micro-manage every aspect of her life. Riley, in Shellie's mother's eyes, would be considered from the other side of the tracks because his family was poor and they always had to work for everything they ever got. That is exactly what makes Riley and Shellie such great friends throughout their lives that is until Riley moves away and Shellie is left alone to deal with her mother with no relief in sight. Well, that is until Shellie decides to get away from it all and visit her old Friend Riley, whom she hasn't seen in six years, but has kept in touch with via e-mails. That is were they both discover things about the other person that they never noticed before. Even though this wasn't a very long book, which most of my friends know drives me nuts, this book didn't feel rushed at all. Which is what actually drives me nuts about most short stories. I got to know each character and also got great insight into their past and present. I didn't realize when I read this book that it was part of a series, but that fact didn't come into play because I never felt lost like most people would jumping into a series book. You could read this book as a stand alone which was awesome but now I do want to go back and read book one to get to know the first two characters in the series. On a scale from 1-10 I give this book a 10 and encourage everyone 18+ plus to read this story and not feel connect to these two people. I know I did because my best friend is the greatest guy I know (next to my hubby that is....lol) and he is someone that Riley reminds me of, which I love.

Link:

http://keriford.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment