Friday, January 21, 2011

Review Of Ordeal By T.K. Varenko


Ordeal By T.K. Varenko

  • Paperback: 212 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace (February 7, 2010)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1450549896
  • ISBN-13: 978-1450549899
  • Source: Amazon.Com (link to purchase HERE)
  • Purchase: Barnes And Noble (link to purchase HERE)

  • Blurb:

    It is a verse-ornated story
    About love, betrayal, wrath,
    Royal vampires' bliss and glory
    Bringing them straight to their death.

    Luella, fierce, strong vampire,
    Falls for a pretty human catch
    Sent on her fiancé's desire
    To celebrate they are engaged.

    This unexpected turnabout
    Is doomed to come to a dead end:
    Her human sweetheart's dead to shroud;
    Her fiancé's avenged for that;

    And she is punished for blood treason,
    Banished into a mortal child,
    Whose human body is a prison
    For all her powers to bind.

    Her memories obliterated,
    She is to find her love at last
    Who proves to be too much related
    To the misfortunes from her past.

    When I found out this story was written in verse I was not sure how I would like it. I went looking for any reviews to see how other people felt. I saw a review (I wish I could remember where) that likened this story to William Shakespeare and Edgar Allan Poe. You see I am a die hard Shakespeare/Poe fan which had me wondering if this was really true or if this was just some reviews attempt to make this story into something other than it is. Please to not think I am beginning on a tirade to say how much this book wasn't so and blah, blah, blah quite the opposite in fact. This book took my breath away. I literally sat down and could not put the book down until I was finished. It usually can take me a day or two to get through 200 plus pages but I kid you not I read this book in like 2 hours. It was just an incredible piece of art. It truly did bring to mind Shakespeare and Poe. Luella a.k.a. Alice is a blood thirsty Vampire Queen who is in a constant struggle for power with her just as equally blood thirsty brother King Antoine. Antoine sets in motion a series of events which he hopes will bring about the demise of his sister but all he really ends up doing is setting the stage for this soul stirring love story about two soul-mates destined to be together no matter the cost or opposition. We also have Derek as the to quote the author "pretty human catch". Sadly this is about all I can tell you otherwise I will give to much away and therefore may impede someones enjoyment of this wonderfully gothic romantic tale. In some ways it brings to mind Romeo and Juliet albeit more blood thirsty and deranged (trust me in a good way) at times. On a scale from 1-10 I give this book without question a 10. I would definitely read another book of T.K.'s whether in was in verse or not although I would enjoy reading another one in verse....^_^. I urge everyone to pick up this book and let it cast is gothic beauty for you to bask in. It truly is an amazing piece of literature.

    Link:

    http://www.elfineness.com/

    No comments:

    Post a Comment